Monday, January 11, 2010

Only A Quilter...

One of the group's I participate on held an Online Retreat in celebration of the group's third birthday. Although I didn't participate because of other obligations, I did read several of the messages posted by participants. Below is from one of the posts.


Only A Quilter…


Only a Quilter says, "I really don't need another project," then offers to make a quilt for a friend.

Only a Quilter's family would put up with, understand and love a quilter.

Only a Quilter invites everyone to see her sewing room, then says, "Don't look at the mess."

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room.

Only a Quilter would rush to finish a gift quilt. Not so it's done in time for the recipient's birthday, but so it's done in time for Show and Tell.

Only a Quilter would let three later-arriving patients go ahead of her at the doctor's office because she is on the verge of completing a block.

Only a Quilter would spend more hours sewing several hundreds of buttons on a quilt to embellish it, but wouldn't take five minutes to replace a button on a pair of pants.

Only a Quilter would spend hours shopping for the "Just Right" fabric and find out later that she had it in her stash.

Only a Quilter would spend an hour ironing wrinkles out of fabric but have a basket full of wrinkled clothes.

My friend Daisy submitted the original post and my other friend Karen added the last two. Although the statements are quite funny on their own, they are so very true!

How many of these statements can you relate to?

6 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

These are just great. We really are a contradictory group. I will start a whole new project rather than do any of the sewing repairs that need to be done.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

All of them, LOL! Thanks for sharing
this Dena!

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow, we can all really relate :-)

Loralynn said...

Funny! I especially love the button one! That's so me!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Now that's not fair Dena - you expect me to "fess up" ? It was a fun retreat - we sure missed you. See you in Anacortes in a few weeks.

Gina said...

all of them. Thank you so much for the laugh.
Do you mind if I borrow them for a group I belong to

Love and hugs Gina xxx