Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Quilting I Will Go...

I fear I've been neglectful on my blog posts. I'm sorry. I've been quite busy and haven't had the time to sit down and write my posts. In fact, I haven't had time to visit blogs either. But, I have been sewing/quilting...

Last Saturday I spent the day at a sew-in. We had so much fun and it was a full-house with approximately fourteen women sewing, talking, laughing, and snacking. I always look forward to these events.




One of the comfort quilts assembled by one of the groups I participate on was presented during our sew-in. My friend Sheila did a spectacular job on the quilting. To see the beautiful quilting just click on the picture to enlargen it.



The other project I've been working on is my machine quilting skills. I'm proud to say I have successfully machine quilted an entire project. I decided this was the only way I am going to build up my skills and confidence. It's just a whole cloth quilt for my granddaughter to use as a lap quilt or for her baby dolls.

Initially I was going to do some sort of oversized spiral designs, but as you can see from this picture I wasn't very good at it so I changed to an overall meandering/stippling design.



By the time I was finishing the quilt my technique had improved tremendously and most of the meandering/stippling design was well shaped and evenly distributed.



I even achieved pretty even stitches... How great is that? I'm almost finished with my second free motion machine quilt too. I'm on a roll! LOL

12 comments:

Marlene said...

Your quilting look great. Once you begin free motion quilting it becomes a little addictive. There are no police to inspect it so just go have fun.

Jocelyn said...

Been missing you Dena! Your quilting is looking great :-)

luv2quilt2 said...

Your machine quilting looks very good. That's the next thing I need to work on.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Practice sure pays off, eh? Good job on the machine quilting Dena!

Gina said...

Well done for taking the plunge. Just remember not to stress out about it too much, relax and that practice makes perfect

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ivory Spring said...

What a fun day, Dena. You ought to be so proud of your accomplishment!

Myra said...

Awesome comfort quilt! love that pattern!
Your whole-cloth quilting looks great! You did a fine job of it!!! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great quilting - you'll be a pro in no time - as you always are!!

I had not seen Karen's quilt - it turned out great.

Connie said...

You are doing great! Yes! It does take a little practice to get the hang of it. My daughter works best with headphones on and music which matches the 'pace of the turns'!

Micki said...

I envy you your machine quilting skills! Just lovely!
Micki

blushing rose said...

What a lovely creation & I love the fabric, Dena. You are doing beautifully.

Have a warm, wonderful week. TTFN~ Marydon

PS TYSM for the sweet comments. I do appreciate your visits.

fabricartist21 said...

found your blog and decided to follow you and yes I like your quilting. I also machine embroidery and have a janome and love to quilt and embroider at the same time. I have a montly giveaway on my blog go in and sign up for some fun.