Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust...

Thank you to everyone who has left a comment and words of encouragement. I've finished quilting my second quilt. This one was a little more challenging because it is considerably larger than my first one.

I pieced the Nursery Rhyme quilt about ten years ago and its been sitting in my sewing studio waiting to be quilted. It was my first attempt at the Attic Window block and although I struggled with it at first, I think I did pretty good with it. Sorry I wasn't able to get a picture of the entire quilt... I'm going to square it up and sew the binding on before giving it to one of my grandkids.

Here is a close-up of my quilting stitches. I'm finding the more I quilt, the better my technique is. My next challenge is my Musical Angels Quilt. I've purchased a couple different quilting threads to audition before I actually start quilting it. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Dena, what a cute quilt! I'm so glad to see it finished. You are doing a great job with the machine quilting!

luv2quilt2 said...

Such a sweet little quilt. Your grandchild will cherish it.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Darling quilt - it is very special - and great work!

Marlene said...

That quilt is lovely Dena. Glad to hear the free motion is getting easier.
Keep having fun with it.

andsewon said...

That is a darling quilt Dena!
You are becoming an awesome free motion quilter too!!
Such an inspiration you are!
Hugs,
Lola

Mariana said...

It's amazing! I do have to sit at my machine and make the free motion work for me! Lucky child!

Micki said...

I am amazed at your machine quilting...what a lovely quilt!
Micki

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

A lovely quilt...and your quilting looks very good. Sure it will be appreciated.

Karen said...

So sweet Dena!!

QuiltedSimple said...

How pretty! I'm sure it will be cherished
Kris

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a cute finish! The quilt is absolutely adorable.