Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby Gift Finished!

I managed to finish another baby gift yesterday morning but I had to leave to drive down to Seattle before I could post about it and I didn't get home until late last night. But I do have pictures to show you.

One of my daughters has a friend who is expecting her first baby any time now and I made her a receiving blanket and burp cloth set.



The baby's father is an avid hunter and we wanted to make the gift a little extra special for him. So we happened across these two camouflage like prints and thought they were perfect.




Then I located this design in a set I had purchased from OESD and I thought the camouflage diaper and helmet was perfect for the burp cloth. I then decided to make some bias binding using some flannel with a camouflage print.




Perhaps not exactly a baby theme, but I think it's adorable. Don't you?

Yesterday as I walked into my sewing studio to begin sewing, I noticed the trees outside had a reddish tint to them and as I walked outside I could see the sky was tinted in beautiful sherbet colors so I just had to run and get my camera to share my spectacular sunrise.

















As you can see my home is surrounded by trees. Aren't the colors just amazing? What a beautiful way to start a day. I hope yours is just as magnificent.

12 comments:

Mariana said...

It's a very diferent baby gift. Usually we don't go that way! But the important is that it has a special meaning and that is trully priceless!
You are blessed with such a beautiful morning start! I look at your pictures and keep imagining the sound of it!

Jocelyn said...

Wow the colors in your pictures are beautiful. I've always thought the winter sky is beautiful. Very cute baby gift. At least you know the Dad will be happy with it :-)

luv2quilt2 said...

What a beautiful sunrise! And to make a baby gift to go along with the dad's interests is a great idea. It's a really cute set.

andsewon said...

That is adorable and much more personal too!!!Love the sunrise... beautiful.
Sadly I slept in today and missed most of the snow we had here overnight too...what can I say..was tired... ;-)!

Loralynn said...

I'm sure the parents to be will love your baby gift! Love your photo's! I bet the sunrise was absolutely gorgeous, pictures never do things justice!

Vicki said...

Cute! The sunset is gorgeous and I like the personalized touch of the camo stuff for the baby gift.

Gina said...

The baby gifts are adorable.

What a gorgeous sunset

Love and hugs Gina xxx

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Fabulous sunset - we almost saw one the other night. :-)

webbsway said...

I love the way you considered the parents feelings with their first "bundle of joy"! That should make the whole experience more memorial.
I love the set!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the baby gift and that sunrise is spectacular
kris

koolkatquilting said...

Gorgeous photos Dena! The view from your sewing room must really inspire you!

Judy D in WA said...

Wow Dena, gorgeous pictures! The stuff is very cute. Would you mind making a set for my niece!!! LOL
Hugs!