Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hi! My Name is Dena and I'm a Quilting Addict

Addicted to Quilting


She Learned to Quilt on MONDAY.
Her stitches all were fine
She forgot to make us dinner
So we all went out to dine

She quilted miniatures on TUESDAY
she says they are a must
They really were quite lovely
But She forgot to dust


On WEDNESDAY it was a sampler.
She says stippling's fun
What Highlights What Shadows!
But The LAUNDRY was'nt done


Nine Patches were on THURSDAY
Green,Yellow,Blue and red.
I guess she really was engrossed
She never made the Bed.


It was wall hangings on FRIDAY.
In colors she adores
It never bothered her at all
That crumbs were on the floor.


I found a maid on SATURDAY
My week is now complete
My wife can quilt the hours away
The house will still be neat.


Well, now its only SUNDAY
I think I,m about to wilt
I cursed,I raved,I ranted
Cause the Maid has learned to QUILT !
~ Author Unknown

13 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

So true! Thanks for the smile.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh so true.!!!!

Beatriz said...

Cute and true.
The group is getting bigger and it´s not even anonnimous - members aare proud to recognize their addition and make a point on spreading the word about it.

Sharon T in Napa said...

Thanks for printing this one Dena, I had lost mine! I have to admit that 15 years into it, I don't have the thrill I used to get pulling into the quilt store parking lot. You probably couldn't pay me to do the Shop Hop - LOL! I just have so much "stuff" that I feel like I need to work out of that rather than look for anything new. Know what I mean?

Loralynn said...

Cute! I thought crumbs on the floor was a normal thing...it's not???

Micki said...

I loved it, and boy do I identify with it all!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Dena, it is wonderful to hear from you!

This is HILARIOUS - I can definitely relate. :)

webbsway said...

O Dena, what a sweet poem! I really loved it.
I have to tell you how high I regard all of you quilters. When I am working on my small projects I always have trouble with different layers of fabric attempting to slide in all the directions that I do not want them to go in. Then I look at all the beautiful quilts and I wonder how in the world do you all pull it off????

Connie said...

I love this! Can I use it on blog?

Unknown said...

Smiling, Dena.

TYSM for your warm wishes for all the Haitians ... & for my recovery which is slow but will be wonderful for medical improvement in the net end.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Dena,

Thank you for your kind words on my quilt in the latest issue of "The Quilter". :) That was a fun project for me.

I look forward to seeing what you have been working on.... :)

Take care!

Loves to Quilt said...

Hi Dena, isn't that the truth! Did you know that I was born and raised in Bellingham. My sister lives in Everett and my son lives in B'ham. Small world!!

Myra said...

Oh Dena! That was entertaining! Thanks for the laugh! 8-)
May I use it at some point?
Happy stitchings!