Monday, April 19, 2010

My Weekend Progress...

I spent many hours in my sewing studio this weekend working on my Signature Swap blocks. For the most part, they went together rather quickly and without too much drama.


Last week I cut all my fabric pieces to size and sorted them according to the piece numbers and whether it was for the heart, background, or signature. If you've seen my tutorial on How To Paper Piece, you know I prefer to store my cut fabric in ziploc bags with the number of pattern piece and it's dimensions written onto the baggie. This way of organizing may not work for everyone, but it works extremely well for me. I'm one of those fanatics who hates to look for things... It breaks the rhythm!


Here is one version of my block, minus my signature. The Signature block pattern creates a 6" finished block and it is taking me about 20 minutes per block as long as I don't have any interruptions. So why am I taking so long to finish them you ask? Well, between the telephone calls, laundry, and husband, I'm lucky if I can get three pieces assembled before I'm interrupted. LOL

I'm hoping to have them completed this afternoon so I can move on to my next project on my To Do List... 

So what are you working on?

9 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Very nice - can't wait for the swap and we can all have our blocks back. Pretty colors.

Vicki W said...

That's a really cute signature block. I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Anonymous said...

Dena,

That is so pretty!!!! I love the reds. You did a wonderful job.

Vicki said...

Cute hearts! I'm machine quilting a big project--halfway done!

webbsway said...

O Dena
Your blocks are so pretty and I love the way you store them.I like things in plastic too and yours are so organized. What a wonderful talent you have.

I loved on my blog how you mentioned a place that had seats for the husbands - now that sounds like a smart business to me!

Karen said...

I love your signature block! So, so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dena,

It's wonderful to hear from you again! :) Yes, the ribbon/branch fabric is my favorite too!!! :)

Happy Sewing.

Karen said...

Dena~
Thanks for stopping over. StitchMap is a yahoo group for stitchers of all different types of needlecrafts. We have tatters, knitters, ladies who crochet, embroider, crazy quilt.............. We offer classes for many different types of stitching. I am taking the CQ class, but am signed up for color theory, redwork, dorset buttons and probably more. Feel free to come check us out!! Hugs, Karen

webbsway said...

Dena - thank you so very much for coming for a visit-it meant so much. I wanted to thank you for your comment , and then when I arrived at your doorstoop - the music came on and it is so pretty that I just closed my eyes and let the music just slowly flood my body. I found myself swaying to the rhythum of the music releasing the tensions of the last couple of days. Thank you so much for your kindness.
Hugs