Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Swap - Block 2

I made the second block for my Birthday Swap group and have another one in the making for the month of April.


This one was made for my friend Judi. She requested a block of a flower in a size that is divisible by 3. I selected the above block that measures 3" x 6". It's a paper pieced block I found on Piece by Number site. I was not thrilled with the block and how the two sections joined together. I had to resew the joining seam a couple of times and this is the best I could get the stem and the flower to match. Of course, the most important thing is that Judi liked it and she did.

If you haven't already signed up for my giveaway, please do so. I will be selecting the winner Monday. To sign up, see last Monday's  post.

What are you working on?

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohh I love the flower - great job - wonderful colors.

bettyp said...

Great job on that block!! I really love it!

nanboudreau said...

Love that Iris , it is beautiful. Paper piecing is not fun for me but I so appreciate the work of others.
Nan

Judy D in WA said...

gorgeous colors Dena! I think it looks great!