Monday, May 25, 2009

Quilting: Musical Angels Quilt Border

A couple of days ago I was browsing in one of our local quilt shops looking for a print in an oriental theme for my Stack-N-Whack quilt. I know. I said I was going to use fabric in my stash and not purchase new. But, I had a weak moment and since I wasn't particularly happy with the print I selected for the sashing I thought I'd just see what was out there. Well, the owner of the shop announced she had stopped carrying oriental prints because they didn't move fast enough for her. Fair enough. I will just use what I have. However, as I was leaving I happened to find the perfect print for the border on my musical angels quilt.
I've had this quilt hanging up in my sewing room for over two weeks. Looking at it several times a day. Really studying it. Hoping the solution would miraculously appear. The problem is, I think I focused so much on only using Fairy Frost prints that the obvious escaped me.
Each time I looked at the quilt the color lavender popped out. The words and butterflies are both in shades of lavender. As I was walking towards the door at the quilt shop I happened to notice a lavender print with white lace-like butterflies on it. Perfect! Immediately, I knew exactly what I was going to do to finish the quilt.
So sometimes we find the answer to our most troubling problems when we least expect it. What a relief!

No comments: