Monday, November 16, 2009

November's Challenge Block

This month's challenge block was selected by my friend Daisy. I was able to assemble it last week after I discovered I didn't have any solid-like red fabric for my Round Robin Challenge.

The block is called Puss In The Corner 2 and it went together very quickly. I modified the block by reversing the light and dark print and although I had planned to use my white-on-white fabric for the corners, I wasn't paying attention as I was sewing and skipped over the substitution. The center square would make a great home for an applique or embroidery design.



Here are my monthly challenge blocks to date. I can't wait to see what December's challenge block is.

6 comments:

Connie said...

This is coming together really nicely. I am beginning to love blue and white in quilts - that is a 'new me'!

Marlene said...

Love the latest block and the quilt is going to be stunning. It is coming together so nicely.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh Dena - I like how they all look together - I should photograph mine together too. Who is doing the December block? Can't wait to find out what it is.

Loralynn said...

They are all coming together nicely! The new block is lovely! You are right, it would be a good one to embroider in the middle of!

Micki said...

The blocks look wonderful together.
Great job!
Micki

Jocelyn said...

Just popping in the wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn