Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ever Have One of Those Days...

When you’ve built up the momentum while you’re working on a project only to discover you don’t have everything you need? And this one thing you don’t have prevents you from progressing? Total frustration!

I was working on my Round Robin Challenge. I’ve completed my drawing. I’ve traced all my appliqué and cut the shapes out. I even started to pull out my fabric selection! STOP! How can it be? I know I have some somewhere! I don’t have any RED! Not one little piece of a solid like red…

So here I sit, On Hold. Waiting… I’ll have to go into town on Friday to pick up some red fabric.

This little break has provided an opportunity for me to work on a few other things. I’ve taken pictures but I’m not going to show all of them to you today because I need something to show you while I’m working on my Round Robin Challenge… After I buy some red fabric, of course.

Last Saturday I was in Anacortes for our November sew-in. Although I had several things I planned to work on, I only accomplished one.


Some of the members of an online group I participate in were at a weekend retreat and one of our members challenged the remaining members to make as many Jake’s Heart blocks as possible. I thought I did quite well by assembling four blocks, until it was announced on Monday another member completed fifteen. Boy was I lazy!

Above is a picture of my four. I used 30’s reproduction fabrics because these will be used in a comfort quilt for one of our members who likes 30’s prints. I think the fabrics go quite well together.

I’ll have another picture to share with you next time. Hope everyone is sewing up a storm.

7 comments:

Karen L R said...

yikes! i had to run in to town late saturday afternoon to buy some solid red fabric. what's in the air?

Loralynn said...

It's so frustrating! Everytime I turn around I'm missing just one little "something" that I "need" for a project!The biggest problem is I just can't buy the thing I "need" I always end up buying other things I didn't know I couldn't live without!!!

Micki said...

It's frustrating to run out of things, as I mostly order online.
Good luck with the project!
Micki

fabricartist21 said...

Neat Pattern, I have been quilting for many years and I don't believe I have ever seen this pattern. I like it and may have to try it. I also like your blog and your tutorials. I have monthly giveaways on my blog and today I draw the winner of my November one. Go in and sign up for some fun.

Connie said...

Red - a basic color - certainly an oversight for a very organized person! Ha - just shows how much work goes into these treasures.

QuiltedSimple said...

This is pretty with the 30's fabrics! I'm always finding that I don't have everything that I need for ANYTHING - whether it be sewing, knitting, cooking or cleaning. And the only one I could care less about is the cleaning - hehe.
Kris

Connie said...

Just stopping in to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Have been missing your posts - hope all is well.