Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brand New Day!

Don't you just love the start of a new day? I do! It is God's way of giving us the opportunity to start anew. Leave our 'baggage' behind and take a new path with a fresh perspective on life. I like the analogy of comparing a brand new day with freshly fallen snow.

The snow lands delicately onto the ground covering everything in its path. Not a blemish in sight. If you take a deep breath, the air is cool as it fills your lungs and everything smells cleans. And only after you have taken a step as you build a new path does a definitive direction appear. Of course, as you change directions the whiteness of the snow begins to change color and you begin to see the hidden ground, or the results of your path underneath each step. You can always change direction as you’re walking, but the path you left behind will always remain… until the overnight snowfall covers it up so a new path can be formed.

So, today is my Brand New Day where I have awakened to admire the freshly fallen snow and have chosen a new path, leaving yesterday’s path behind. Sometimes, I may have to close my eyes as I take a couple of deep breaths before putting one foot in front of the other, but I know I will have the power to face the day with renewed energy and courage, regardless of my path from yesterday.

With this, I am going to work in my sewing room today. Initially, I plan to work on piecing the backing of my musical angels quilt. But if by chance I work on one of my other sewing or quilting projects, I know I will approach the change with a positive, enthusiastic approach.