Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Quilt-Along Progress - Blocks 4 and 5

I know it's been awhile since I last posted but I took some time off to spend time with my grandchildren who came to visit grandma and grandpa for a few weeks.
 
 

We learned how to ride our bike without training wheels... We're still working on watching where we're going instead of watching our feet.
 
 
We climbed our favorite tree with grandpa.

 
We swung and twirled on the tree swings grandpa put up.

 

 Grandpa taught Chuck how to operate the lawn tractor for the first time.
 
 
We helped grandpa make a couple of bird feeders.
 
 
We loved our time with them, but sadly, they had to go back home to get ready for school.
 
So, after a week for getting the house back in order and rest, I am back in my sewing room working on my Quilt-Along, hosted by Michele Foster with Quilting Gallery.
 
 
 
This is block number 4. I actually started on this block before the grandchildren arrived, but because I was struggling in my fabric selection, I didn't start cutting or sewing on it until after the kids left. I'm glad I took the time to choose the right fabric because I didn't want to lose the design.

 
This is block 5 of the Quilt-Along.  I love the floral on white background print. It has a whimsy to it.

Here is my mock-up thus far with the blocks I've completed. I like it and hope I can continue to select the right prints to connect all the blocks, since they're all different.
 
 
I still have a couple of blocks to complete before I'm caught up with the rest of the group who are on block 8 this week.
 
 
What's been happening with you?





3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh the grandkids are so cute and such fun. I'm glad they got to come and visit.

Love the blocks - that is going to be a very interesting quilt when finished - lots to look at.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.